friday film fix:
kramer vs. kramer

Every Friday beginning today, I thought I'd look back on a movie from my growing-up years (or maybe earlier) - maybe re-watch something and write an entry for this blog (That is, if/when I won't be too occupied elsewhere :p ). It's not going to be a review. It's just going to be a bunch of thoughts and reminiscing.

I thought I'd begin with Kramer vs. Kramer.


Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)
Dustin Hoffman * Merryl Streep
Directed by Robert Benton
5 Oscars - Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Picture, Best Writing


I first watched it on television as a kid (obviously years after it was released); I remember thinking that it was a really good movie though it left a heavy feeling and I wasn't sure I understood everything.

It's pretty significant to me because I learned how to make french toast from seeing it.


I just re-watched recently it and I still think it's awesome, and I still think it leaves a heavy feeling.

It's about career-driven Ted and his wife Joanna, and their divorce. Their separation affected not only each other, but their child. I think that child-in-the-middle element really rocked it. Without that, it would have been just another war of the exes.

The dialogues were simple but loaded. I love the camera angles. The acting was no-wonder-they-both-won-Oscars wow. I liked that it didn't have too much drama - no screaming and ostentatious weeping, but the story was piercing nonetheless.

And I couldn't help noticing that Meryl Streep was so beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...