monday music fix:
enveloped ideas
THE DAWN

I quite enjoyed last Monday's reminiscing, so I thought about doing another one from The Dawn this week.

Enveloped Ideas is one of The Dawn's earliest. When it first hit the airwaves, listeners thought it was another new-wave song by some British pop-rock band. It had that uber-cool sound to it that made us so proud back then that they were Pinoy.



Trying pointlessly to understand
Having nothing to say
Just shadows are what remains boxed inside
This is what I call my envelope ideas

Singing out my enveloped ideas
Doesn’t seem all too bad
Hoping it would be easier
To sing out my enveloped ideas

Why should I carry this platter?
Did it just pass me by?
And does one cleave right on the edge?
I have an empty dream, this here my ideas

Singing out my enveloped ideas
Doesn’t seem all too bad
Hoping it would be easier
To sing out my enveloped ideas


This was written and performed by founding member and original lead guitarist Teddy Diaz. Wala pa si Francis Reyes noon. Francis Reyes is awesome, but Teddy Diaz was something else.

For those of you who don't know what happened, Diaz passed away after three years of fame with the band. He was stabbed by hold-uppers and left to bleed to death on night in QC. He was 25 years young.

While looking for Enveloped Ideas on You Tube, I stumbled upon this, labeled Teddy Diaz Rare Clip. It's from 1987, so you'll have to excuse the costumes and the ostentatious make-up

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...