monday music trip
army of me
BJORK

I'm in the mood for some retro Bjork today. I watched Sucker Punch fairly recently; in its kickass soundtrack is a remix of Bjork's Army of Me. A decade and a half after it was first released, it still sounds avant-garde enough to fit in a current movie.

I first heard Army of Me in '95, and noted how it sounded angry and sexy at the same time. And if you complain / Once more, you'll meet an / Army of me. I thought that was so clever.

Bjork was always too experimental for miantream tastes, and in this country her music was played only on NU107. Can't say I was ever a Bjork fan, but I loved her crazy music. Her music videos were delicious - the kind of soup one's subconscious mind cooks up while sleeping.




The Sucker Punch remix featuring Skunk Anansie still sounds much like the original track, only much more aggressive.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...